History | News | Business | Events
Eastern North Carolina is blessed with a rich and diverse history. Ranging from the oldest established community in the state, (Sneads Ferry), through several military installations that have come and gone, as well as one that stayed and is still in operation today, Camp Lejeune is the worlds largest amphibious training facility. There are 1800's Plantations, Poplar Grove in Hampstead-Scotts Hill, Orton Plantation in Wilmington, or just north of here is Tryon Palace in New Bern, NC the original Governors Mansion for North Carolina during colonial times.
- Local History - Day Trip Destinations
- Atlantic Beach, North Carolina - Lodging
- Fort Macon
- Beaufort, North Carolina - Lodging
- Maritime Museum
- Core Sound Waterfowl Decoy Museum.
- Hampstead, North Carolina - Lodging
- Holly Ridge, North Carolina - Lodging
- Jacksonville, North Carolina - Lodging
- New Bern, North Carolina - Lodging
- Tryon Palace
- Scotts Hill, North Carolina - Lodging
- Sneads Ferry, North Carolina - Lodging
- Chadwick Bay Region, -
- Yopp's Meeting House -
- Senior's Citizens Center -
- Surf City, North Carolina - Lodging
- Swing Bridge
- Topsail Towers
- Swansboro, North Carolina - Lodging
- Hammocks Beach.
- Topsail Beach, North Carolina - Lodging
- Topsail Towers
- Wilmington, North Carolina - Lodging
- Fort Fisher
- USS North Carolina
- NC Coastal Lighthouses
- Onslow County
- Other North Carolina Municipal Web Sites
Maintained by or for the listed Municipality
- Camp Lejeune
- Holly Ridge
- New Bern
- North Topsail Beach
- Sneads Ferry
- Surf City
- Topsail Beach
- Lions Clubs - International Headquarters Web site
- Rotary International - National Headquarters Web site
- Community Web Sites - Our local information Centre
- Theological Center - Local, Regional, National and International Reference
- State Governments Information, Tourism Bureaus & State web sites.
- National Chamber of Commerce
- Better Business Bureau - www.bbb.org
- Federal Trade Commission - www.ftc.gov
- Consumer Information - Consumer Product Safety Commission - www.cpsc.gov
- Our Consumer Advocate - Problem Resolution Centre
Select an area or township from the buttons on the left to view the history for that area. All are within 100 miles (two hour ride or less) of Sneads Ferry. Or click on the specific attraction from the list below.
- Battleship USS North Carolina. Moored on the Cape Fear River in Wilmington, NC, many portions of the ship are open to the public and there is a museum with loads of information on her battle triumphs and tribulations.
- Core Sound Waterfowl Museum, Harker's Island, North Carolina. Dedicated to preserving the art of decoy carving and waterfowl preservation.
- Tryon Palace. The original North Carolina Governors Mansion located in New Bern, NC. Tour the Mansion as it was during the period that it was occupied by Governor Tryon, or just stop by and visit the gardens
- Fort Macon. Located two miles east of Atlantic Beach, at the eastern tip of Bogue Banks. A brick five-sided fortress built between 1826 and 1834, is the most visited park in NC. Also has museums containing hundreds of artifacts dating back to the "Civil" war.
- Maritime Museum, Located in Beaufort, North Carolina along the intracoastal waterway
- Observation Towers on Topsail Island. America's first step towards space exploration, and yeah, it did take a bunch of rocket scientists to figure it all out.
- Hammocks Beach State Park. Three secluded miles of beautiful undeveloped beaches stretching along the blue-green waters of the Atlantic Ocean between Atlantic Beach and Swansboro.
- Festival Centre - Global Festival Center, Listing 900+ festivals
Civil War? - If you want to convey that the war was within the country itself call it an internal or states war, calling it a "Civil" war. can be and is exceedingly confusing to our children and grandchildren. Most true southerners call it "The War of Northern Aggression", while some others call it "The War Between the States", either of which is more appropriate than calling it a "Civil" war.
• Home • About . . . • Area History • Business Centre • Military Info • News Centre • Reference Center • Satellite Photo • Theological Centre • US Northeast • Site Search • Travel Centre & Hotel Reservation Network
Last Revised: November 21, 2008 02:49 PM.